A Certified Workers Compensation Law Attorney is a designation granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in workers’ compensation law practice. The Supreme Court, through its Board on Attorney Certification, designates only those lawyers who are able to meet the standards set by the Board and approved by the Court. A certified attorney is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law.
A New Jersey attorney who is certified by the Supreme Court must have:
• Been a member in good standing of the New Jersey bar for over 5 years
• Fulfilled ongoing continuing legal education requirements
• Demonstrated a substantial level of experience in workers compensation law
• Been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with his or her work
• Taken and passed a written examination in workers compensation law
Source: Board on Attorney Certification